This eLearning program is designed to help those who work as signallers or traffic control persons understand the relevant legislation, learn the risks associated with their work, and find out how to manage those risks.
The content of this course is enhanced through case studies, worksheets, and an evaluation plan. Participants will develop a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities as signallers and traffic control persons. More specifically, they will learn a variety of ways to recognize and control hazards in their work.
Learners will have two attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Navigating the course:
Clarifying the roles of signaller and traffic control person
Related provincial and federal legislation and guideline review
Hazard recognition methods
Vehicle/equipment blind spots
Prevention and control methods
Interpreting typical layout (TL) diagrams
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
1. Explain the responsibilities of a worker in Ontario
2. Recognize hazards associated with backing vehicles and equipment
3. Interpret legislation related to backing vehicles
4. Identify hand signals used to assist drivers and operators when reversing
5. Recognize struck-by hazards when working on or near roads
6. Interpret legislation related to traffic control
7. Determine safe placement of a traffic control person
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to email@example.com.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty