This eLearning course will help Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) fulfill their responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to be an effective workplace role model through the promotion of health and safety.
This is a starting point for HSRs to begin their training in health and safety. Contact IHSA for more information about additional training and resources to help you in your role as Health and Safety Representative.
- Health and safety law
- Duties of HSR and other workplace parties
- Recognize, assess and control hazards
- Workplace inspections and incident investigation
- Where to get more information.
Did you know?
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the organization and content of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and regulations
- Describe the general duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Describe the powers, functions and duties of a health and safety representative (HSR) under the Act
- Identify common workplace health and safety hazards
- Describe the legal requirements of workplace inspections
- Identify the principles for conducting effective workplace inspections
- Describe the legal requirements for investigating accidents by the MOL
- Describe the steps for conducting an effective accident investigation.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- Each Learner must have their own eLearning account and purchase their eLearning courses from that account in order for their name to appear on the record of training (certificate of completion).
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty