This program is primarily for firms that excavate deeper than 1.2 metres (4 feet). Emphasis is placed on soil types, legislation, and emergency work.
- Personal protective equipment
- Review of legislation
- Emergency work
- Determining soil types
- Approved shoring/trenching boxes
- Public safety
- Use of heavy equipment
- Underground hazards
- Work area protection
- High/low pressure gas mains
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Navigating the course:
Upon successful completion participants will be able to:
Recognize hazards associated with trenching
Recommend safe trenching practices and procedures
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty