Road safety authorities in Ontario and across North America, agree that fatigue is a leading cause of motor vehicle incidents. Driver fatigue was also identified as the second leading health and safety risk, right after distracted driving. This eLearning course provides information on how to recognize and respond to driver fatigue and offers practical prevention solutions for the workplace.
Who should attend?
Any driver who operates a vehicle for commercial or personal purposes.
- Recognizing Driver Fatigue
- Contributing Factors
- Driver Fatigue Causes
- Impact on Drivers’ Skills and Abilities
- Physical Symptoms of Driver Fatigue
- Preventing Driver Fatigue – Practical Solutions
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the two (2) types of fatigue and how each impacts the human body.
2. Recognize how the external environment around you can contribute to driver fatigue.
3. Understand the causes of driver fatigue.
4. Understand how driver fatigue impacts your skills and abilities when driving.
5. Recognize common symptoms of driver fatigue.
6. Understand how to respond to the symptoms of driver fatigue while driving.
7. Recognize practical workplace solutions that help address and prevent driver fatigue.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty