Every worker who works with, or in proximity to, a hazardous product in the workplace must have Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training. This WHMIS eLearning course is based on legislation that adopts the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) and meets the legal requirements for general WHMIS training.
NOTE: Employers must also provide workplace-specific training and instruction for each hazardous product in the workplace.
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the essential role that WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of Canadian workers
- Identify the responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers under the WHMIS regulation (O. Reg. 860)
- Understand how hazardous materials are classified under WHMIS 2015
- Know the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier labels and workplace labels, including how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Locate specific types of information about a hazardous material by reading the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers
- Know the general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to email@example.com.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty