Construction is a unique, dynamic industry characterized by workplaces and workforces that change constantly. There are often several different employers involved with several different trades on site, and workers are often spread over several projects. These multi-trade workplaces are what sets the construction industry apart from all others and creates a heightened risk for injuries.
This eLearning module will help learners identify common hazards on construction sites and actions that can be taken to control the hazards and reduce the possibility of accidents and injuries.
A minimum of 80% on the module questions must be achieved to achieve a certificate of completion. Learners will have the opportunity to receive feedback on their results and retry any questions. Learners must get to the last slide of the module and Click Exit module for completion to be recorded.
By the end of this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify common hazards and controls related to construction projects.
- Identify the three methods in the hierarchy of control.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of each type of control.
- Identify the effects of common physical hazards in construction.
- Identify best practices to control common physical hazards.
- Identify common work actions that contribute to musculoskeletal injuries.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training.
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to email@example.com.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty