Free for a limited time!
This eLearning program will provide learners with the knowledge to recognize an opioid overdose, to administer naloxone and acquaint the worker with any hazards related to the administration of naloxone. The training includes a discussion on opioid related deaths, overdose and addiction.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a workplace who is responsible for a Naloxone kit or wants to learn about opioid overdose and Naloxone administration.
Starting June 1, 2023, employers must provide naloxone in the workplace if certain circumstances described in the Occupational Health and Safety Act apply. Employers who are required to provide naloxone kits in their workplaces must ensure that the worker who is responsible for the naloxone kit has received training.
Employers who are required to comply with the naloxone requirements in the Occupational Health and Safety Act can obtain one free nasal spray naloxone kit per workplace as part of Ontario’s Workplace Naloxone Program. IHSA does not provide naloxone kits.
By the end of this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify what an opioid overdose is
- Identify the steps to respond to an opioid overdose
- Identify what Naloxone is and how it works
- Identify how to administer Naloxone
- Identify the hazards related to the administration of Naloxone
- Identify the purpose of the Good Samaritan Act
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
A record of training is provided to participants who successfully complete this program.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty