Construction is a unique, dynamic industry characterized by workplaces and workforces that change constantly. Through the course of a project, ten or more employers may be involved with many different trades on site. These multi-trade workplaces are what set the construction industry apart from all others. As injuries and fatalities continue to occur year after year, health and safety should remain everyone’s top priority.
This eLearning program provides general information on hazards and hazard recognition in the construction industry with a focus on occupational health and legal implications of health and safety. Participants will learn how to prevent injuries, illnesses and fatalities as well as how to protect themselves on construction jobsites.
NOTE: This eLearning program will not be accepted under the Ontario-Quebec Mobility Agreement. For those wanting to work in Quebec under this Agreement, the in-class ELC course is required.
This is an awareness program only and is not intended to certify participants for work in any construction setting requiring certification. Job-specific training must also be conducted by the employer for every construction worker.
This program contains information on the following:
- Rights and responsibilities of the various workplace parties on construction projects under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and under Ontario Regulation 213/91: Construction Projects
- Identification, communication and control of hazards in construction
- Tools, equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) common in construction
A certificate of completion for this program will be issued to learners who successfully complete all 17 modules.
A minimum of 80% must be achieved to advance to the next module. Learners will have the opportunity to receive feedback on their results and retry any questions.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to email@example.com.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty