Falls to a lower level continues to be the top cause of on-the-job fatalities in the Ontario construction industry. The most common heights of fatal falls are between 6 metres and 3 metres, and the most common locations for fatalities is the edge of the roof and ladders.
This eLearning module will help learners identify the safe use practices related to ladders and work platforms, as well as the common methods to control fall hazards in construction.
A minimum of 80% on the module questions must be achieved to achieve a certificate of completion. Learners will have the opportunity to receive feedback on their results and retry any questions. Learners must get to the last slide of the module and Click Exit module for completion to be recorded.
By the end of this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify common construction situations in which ladders could be used safely.
- Identify how to safety carry, position, secure, and use different types of ladders.
- Recognize how to properly inspect and care for ladders and work platforms.
- Identify types of equipment that can be used as work platforms.
- Identify when personal fall protection equipment is needed to work on ladders or work platforms.
- Recognize training requirements for working on EWPs and suspended access equipment.
- Recognize the common hazards of falls to a lower level.
- Recognize the common methods to control fall hazards in construction.
- Recognize the training requirements for the use of fall protection systems, equipment, and PPE.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training.
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to email@example.com.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty