Scaffold Users’ Hazard Awareness eLearning program is designed to assist those who work on or near scaffolds to understand the relevant legislation, learn the risks associated with their work, and find out how to manage those risks. Participants will develop a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities as scaffold users and learn a variety of ways to recognize and control hazards in their work.
Who should attend?
Persons who work on scaffolds, those who supervise work on and near scaffolds, and those who supervise the erecting, altering, and dismantling of scaffolds should attend. A record of training is provided to participants who successfully complete this program.
This course will teach you:
- Clarification on roles and responsibilities
- Types of scaffolds and their main components
- Three-to-one calculations for tie-ins and outriggers
- Related provincial legislation and review of best practices
- Related hazard recognition methods
- Prevention and control methods
NOTE: This course is awareness only.
Learners will have 2 attempts to complete the final test and must achieve a score of at least 80%.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify provincial legislation related to the use of scaffolds in Ontario.
- Identify four common hazards and the type of incidents related to scaffold accidents.
- Recognize and discuss responsibilities assigned to each workplace party.
- Identify three different scaffold types.
- Identify ten scaffold components.
- Discuss safety practice for working on a scaffold.
- Recall and control hazards and refer to relevant legislation.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate IHSA Record of Training
Welcome to IHSA's eLearning catalogue. Please review the following notice.
- If you wish to purchase eLearning courses for another individual or multiple individuals in your organization, submit an eLearning Purchase Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name that will appear on your certificate of completion will be the same as the name of your eLearning account.
A refund can only be issued within 14 days of purchase and for any courses that have not started.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome or Firefox for completing your eLearning courses.
The course is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Visit IHSA's Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about IHSA's eLearning catalogue.
Your cart is empty